I joined facebook. Aaargh. I did this because it was an easy way to get pictures from my friend as the cd drive doesn't work on my laptop and it is quicker than downloading them. Once I have saved the pictures I will be leaving facebook, assuming it lets you out of its evil clutches, that is.
I got lots of requests to be my friend from people I barely knew at school and college. This is a farce. They don't want to be my friend, they just want to have as many online buddies as they can muster, its a new fangled popularity contest, is all. I am anti social I suppose, but I firmly believe that there was a very good reason why I only stayed in touch with a couple of people from school, because the other 200 people in my year annoyed/ upset/ picked on me in one way or another and when I left school, whooping with joy as I ran through the gates, one of the best things was knowing I didn't have to sit in a room with some of them ever again.
I should have taken the name social networking site as a warning. I am not particularly social and I don't like the term networking as it makes people sound like impostor fishermen.
A name popped up and I didn't recognise it, so I deleted it.
It was my sister. My own sister and I turned her down as a friend. She probably won't know until tomorrow when she goes to work, and then I will have a lot of explaining to do.
2 comments:
Lol! I'm on Facebook, not sure why, since I never log in, but my privacy settings are at maximum, so no-one can find me. Heh, heh!
I am too. I've got all sorts of people, neighbours even, who want to be my friend. I only joined to message my friend easier. I don't play the games at all. People keep sending me videos that I can't watch, games that I don't want to play. I really don't know why I joined ! I hope your sister forgives you.
Post a Comment