Thursday, 6 November 2008

And now I am really sick

It has been brewing for a while. The baby had it last week and I pretended that it was a one-off. I've not felt my best for ages. Now I know why.

I was making a cheese sandwich (because my daughter is a sadist and didn't care that I was close to passing out from nausea.) Suddenly I knew that it wasn't going to make it to triangle shapes and she would have to eat it in one whole square shape.

I ran like lightening up the stairs and did the deed. I contemplated taking a photo to show my husband when he returns from his jaunt, to prove I really was ill. This seemed a detail too far, and any way I had the first hand evidence of my daughter saying "you made really weird noises when you were sick". Yes darling, most people do, and most people get lots of sympathy, not a stroppy seven year old who is put out because now they won't get to visit the new library in the afternoon, the one with lights that change colour in the childrens section (why?) and the over priced cafe (again, why?).

So we are watching Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper (she knows how to make me pay.) I call husband and tell him that I am ill. He says not to tell him any thing else as he is just off out for a meal. I want to reach down the phone and slap him. I tel him he better get home early from his jaunt because otherwise I will feed the children biscuits for tea.

Now I am going to lay down and weep for a few minutes with self pity before I get myself together.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Aww! Sounds like no fun - especially the Barbie bit. You can have lots of sympathy from me.
Families eh? Useless.

mamacrow said...

aw! hope you're feeling better today :)

Grit said...

get well soon! big bro swears by brandy for an upset stomach btw. just saying.

kelly said...

Thank you for the support. It was not pleasant. Neither was the state of the house when I surfaced. Useless man.