Monday, 10 November 2008

The weekend and other none events.

So we visited one set of my parents on Friday. Watched a very impressive (and free) firework display and then went back to their house to watch an even more impressive one between the family. I sat there while they all sniped at each other thinking "this is why people shouldn't visit their families."

On Saturday Only Daughter (OD) had her first gymnastics lesson. It was interesting. That is all I am going to say at the moment. She loved it and came home all enthusiastic. I came home feeling queasy again over the stench of smelly feet the permeated the the gym building.

I made a mistake and tried to take Youngest Boy (YB) to a party that was in fact taking place on Sunday. Duh. I cleaned house and pondered on why we live the way we do, leading nicely to:

Our House

The kitchen has tiles on the wall but the grouting is not finished. All the wallpapering is done bar one sheet because we ran out. The flooring is old and we will replace it, one day.

The sitting room has too much furniture in it, according to my other half. I argue that in order for all of us plus a couple of guests to sit down, we need this amount of furniture. There are always toys out, and the cushions on the sofa are never neat. It always looks half tidied, as though some one has started well but then had to go out before they could finish.

I could go on and on, about the unpainted door frames, the unfinished bathroom, the cup of tea stain at the top of the stairs where my dopey husband tripped and launched the whole contents of a cup at the newly painted wall, the pile of boxes "waiting" to be put in the loft on the landing (to give you an idea, one box was clothes for Shrek that some one gave me that were too big. I have now opened it because they fit.)

And I wonder, as I try to ignore the dog pawing mud all over the patio door that I cleaned YESTERDAY, does any one else live in a constant state of disarray, or is it just lucky, lucky me?



3 comments:

Bridget said...

Five children, three dogs, disarray! Nuff said!!

mamacrow said...

yes, yes, oh yes.

I'm recently tamtruming about it, so all the boys are running around trying to put things away... quite amusing really!

kelly said...

So glad is isn't just me.