You remember I wrote about a scarf on my first post? I said it was rather large. Well today it became useful Yay me! We were back at the Farm with the other home educators (getting better, I actually spoke to some one today and there were no punch ups.)
It was very cold and Shrek was looking a bit chilly, even though he had a coat on his little denim legs were freezing. I had my finished "scarf" (it so deserves those hyphens) and was wearing it well hidden under my coat. I wrapped it under Shrek's legs and tucked it round his waist and hey presto! A cosy toes was made! This gives you an idea of how massive and out of shape it was, but I am not complaining as it did the job today and I got two compliments about it. Admittedly these people could not see the actual shape of the garment - slightly off kilter diamond, and I had tucked the bit with the massive hole where I dropped three stitches under Shreks feet.
Ignoring these minor points, I felt like a goddess of knitting. Then I went to the home ed meeting where (of course) there were three mums who are all perfect knitters. Their kids were wearing home made perfect jumpers, and one even had home made socks that were really beautiful. I held my head up though, bet they couldn't turn one of their creations from scarf to blanket in one easy movement.
1 comment:
yeah, i bet they all rushed home and googled 'home knitted cosy toes pattern'!
truly you are a knitting goddess!
too funny :)
Post a Comment