This makes me sound a terrific wimp, as it really isn't that cold. I just don't want to go out. Instead we are drawing pictures of mermaids (we are reading "Our Island Story" and this fits in nicely with the first chapter.)
I thought I would be the kind of HEdder who was always out and about doing activities at the speed of light, but I'm not. We are doing lots of written stuff at the moment (not sure OD is actually enjoying it but she hasn't said otherwise.) I feel we can safely tick off graphs, subtraction, prefixes, verbs and speech marks but in a really schooly way.
Admittedly, the bonus has been being able to go back over things at our own pace to make sure she is understanding what we are doing, so when I say that we can tick them off, I can place my hand on my heart and say that should the LEA burst through the door at any given moment, we will be safe as long as they don't stray beyond the above topic areas.
I might be brave and venture to the local art gallery, as there is a very exciting display on at the moment by an Indian Artist who uses pulses and lentils in their pictures, some thing we can surely replicate at home with baked beans and ketchup.....
No comments:
Post a Comment