My eldest boys wrestle, alot. I have been told by other mothers of boys that this is normal and part of life. Every so often though, they break away from this to really play a game. Following on from a story we read last night about rainforests, they decided today to play rainforest explorers (they have asked that if we get the promised snow at the end of the week to play snow explorers, I did the "um, we'll see" response.)
I was listening in to the game, enjoying the fact that they were playing so nicely. Then I heard EB sending out MB for provisions.
EB: "Go to get some thing to eat."
MB "Where from?"
EB: "You know, where you get stuff to eat in the Rainforest."
MB "OK, what do you want?"
EB: "I think you can only get cans of peas in the rainforest."
MB: "I don't like peas."
EB: "Well the book said that you have to"
No prizes for guessing that the can of peas was in fact a misinterpretation of the canopy. At least it proves they were listening to the story on some level.
1 comment:
Aren't some of the things they say priceless?
Snow I love snow, I'm sooo jealous
Post a Comment