Just like that. No fanfares, no tra-la-las. MB picked up a library book called "I Like It When" and he read the whole book for me. I didn't read first, he didn't memorise it, he really, truly read it.
I wanted to run up and down the street, knocking on my neighbours doors and informing them all that MB CAN READ. The only thing that stopped me was the chance that some one might ask how he learnt, and I can't honestly answer that. Some animal snap cards, lots of being read to, giggly word play and some good old fashioned botchery hardly seem a proper reading programme but it was an odd combination of all these that worked to make MB a reader.
*sigh*
He read.
2 comments:
Woo Hoo! Well done to MB :-)
When it clicks for them--it just clicks! Explaining the 'process' is hard--it almost seemed like magic. Yeah for MB!
Post a Comment