There's been a renewed interest in the snow, so the fort started a week ago has finally been completed:
There has also been a renewed interest in Outer Space. Ironically after I spent a lot of time investigating and putting together a Weather project, the children did what they often do, and about turned on me. So, Weather has become Space, which also gives EB and MB perfect excuses to dress up. We made a space ship control board, as well as a Mission Control Station.
There has been lots of playing with this, and EB has been made Head of Mission Control, whilst MB is the astronaut, with OD dipping in and out at the roving reporter. The astronaut got a bit big for his boots, so Mission Control reminded him unsubtly that not only do they launch the rocket, they have also had a button built in marked EXPLODE which, if pushed, they will press.
I've been making tessellation shapes for kids by printing some sheets out, laminating them and then cutting them out. I am finding the cutting weirdly therapeutic (may because with each cut I am thinking of Mr Balls. Ahem.)
We've done collage, this is "Beady Croc" in the making:
There has also been reading and writing, OD did an opinion poll of favourite ice creams and then converted it into a bar chart - it's been suggested I take it with me next time I'm shopping "just so I know".
EB has immersed himself in the world of Poptropica, and stunned me by managing to find the correct WikiAnswers page all by himself.
I am trying to soak up each and every moment this year, because with the government trying to force through it's latest Bill, I don't honestly know how long I will be able to enjoy it. Bittersweet days indeed.
1 comment:
Enjoy it, despite them. That's my plan after this time last year.
Thanks for the tessellation link - Squirt will be delighted, and it's good for my cutting skills ;-) Reminds me of colouring books I used to have.
Love the ice-cream bar chart. Priceless :D
Post a Comment