Wednesday, 31 August 2011

right now :: i am

- Stupidly thrilled at the ONE plum from our plum tree this year. The rest were attacked by moths (?) or too high to reach without a ladder, which we don't yet have but that one plum....lovely.

- On the lookout for some seriously challenging puzzles as both Od and Eb have expressed and interest. Charity shop, here we come.

- Silly excited that tomorrow we get to go to the new scrapstore...you didn't think I would move some where without one nearby did you?!

- A little bit sad that we have decided to sell our beloved old caravan. I am consoling myself that it will be happier actually being used by some one, rather than left uninhabited in a barn for all its days.

- Watching with increasing alarm as the trees change colour, I am not ready for Autumn just yet...I have beach plans and the September needs to be good.

- Jam making with the brambles. Using Delia's easy bramble recipe. It worked. Considering my first attempt at jam making a few years ago went horribly wrong (too much sugar meant it was more like one giant hard boiled sweet!) I am thrilled.

- Talking with the kids about what we will send this month to our sponsor child from this charity. We've been donating each month for over a year now. I fell into this through a friend who spent six months in the Philippines with this charity and who has committed her life to helping the children in this area. This is a teeny tiny charity, that takes no money for wages or expenses (she even pays for her own flights there and back each time.)

No comments: