Recently moving house means there is plenty of admin to keep me busy, and of course there is cleaning and washing and cooking. And visitors. Lots of visitors.
I noticed that historically I become a very lax blogger over the Summer months. I seem to drift away as the temperature increases, and then come back again with more to say in Autumn.
I would like to blog every day, as every day there is an adventure or two I would like to record. Not to mention the many, many thoughts that occupy my brain that need to be vented. I need this space some times just to blurt selfishly. I really don't mind whether it is read or not, or whether you have any useful advice on what ever it may be that is bothering me.
I don't really have a focus for my blog, and sometimes I read back through a post and think that I talk about some utterly dull subjects. It is radom, cobbled together and not always proof read which makes for some interesting spelling mistakes and wobbly grammar.
At the moment I am trying to get some plans in order for the coming September, when I see we may need the focus of a project or two. I have given up doing grand curriculum plans as they only blow up in my face and leave me feeling more stressed out than I care to be. My plans are simple: locate and join the local library, got out and meet some new home educated families, find a piano teacher, and some swimming lessons for Eb (his request).
...because he finds treasure such as this each time he does.
I'm compiling a new reading Autumn reading list, with plenty of input from the children. Eb wants to read about Roman, Greek and Norse Gods, Mb, who has read all the Tilly books to death, wants any thing else by Polly Dunbar, as well as some mystical magical Wizardly reading material. Od is very keen on Saddle Club and James Herriot. Lb will happily sit and read any thing about Thomas, and I have a few ideas of my own up my sleeve.
I am also far too busy reading all the other lovely blogs out there, mostly this, this, this, this and this.
2 comments:
Lovely post. i find the days just fly by and i would be blogging for ever if I tried to write it all up. I do a catch up photo post on a Sunday, and if something I want to write more about comes up then i will try and squeeze the time. Our summer's are short enough! Enjoy the rest of the season. xx
I think most people blog the same way. I know I do when it comes to our family blog. It is a nice and convenient way to record what has happened (almost like scrapbooking without the glue). Family blogs I read for several reasons: the flow of the author is easy and relaxing to read, the tips I can file away for the future, and I do grow fond of the people I read about. However, Family is and always will be more important. So, take care and have a blessed summer.
Post a Comment