Trying to remember where the upload cable is for my camera, and failing miserably. I have a fantastic shot of Lb in deep conversation with a dragonfly and I want to share it. The following pictures are from a couple of weeks ago, and not related to this post at all. I just like a few pictures.
I want to kiss Delia, because for the first time ever I made a loaf of bread that was not more brick than bread. It was her simple white loaf, and it really was simple with minimal faff. Look at me, I'm a-baking:)
Feeling rather pleased that the kids ate their courgette noodles and that I didn't need to chuck any of the twelve massive courgettes given to me by a neighbour.
Feeling rather guilty that I've eaten nearly a whole packet of chocolate biscuits in two days...that's what happens when Mr Wah goes away.
Wondering what to put in the raised beds I've cleared. It's August, there isn't much of a growing season left but I want to grow something.
I keep smiling when I think of Od accidentally spraying a wasp with insect repellent earlier and saying "Oh no, now he's going to hate himself!"
I rinsed and dried the wetsuits today after a lovely beach day on Monday, and noticed that Eb has a big nibble hole on the bottom of his...it could be Lb, or it could be mice having a try as I left it outside over night.
Starting to hope that the last little swallow nesting near our bedroom window will fledge soon. We thought they'd all gone but they had a late second brood. They tap-tap-tap on the window in the morning, picking up all the moths and insects that have taken refuge there overnight. My in-laws come soon, and they aren't known for their love of nature, so being woken up at dawn may not go down too well.
I'm starting a new project (for want of a better word.) I got the idea from here. It seems rather apt as the children have named various areas, so think they would enjoy doing this on the next rainy day.
I'm trying hard to find the balance between carefree and nagging mother. The kids now cycle on the lane that leads from the road to our house, and quite often they don't wear their helmets. I've told them they have to, they argue that it's a dirt track with grass and a soft landing.
Preparing for our last lot of visitors for a while (the aforementioned in-laws.) We've had seven lots in six weeks so far!!
Trying not to worry that I haven't met any other home ed families yet. I know they're out there, I'm just hoping we'll see them soon.
Still feeling blessed to be here, and starting to realise just how much work we have to do.
Lastly, I'm planning on taking you all for a wee tour, once I've found the download cable. So make sure you've packed your wellies and some insect repellent.
1 comment:
Still smiling about the wasp incident. OH used a his WD-40 spray yesterday. The wasp is not moving anymore. Looking forward to the tour.
Post a Comment