Last night I spent some time reading through my most favourite blogs and got the inspired idea from Stephanie to bring some snow in the house.
Crazy sounding...but actually a huge hit. They played with this for about two hours.
I found out that Eb in particular knows a lot about Russia, thanks to a Disney book and an atlas poster on their bedroom wall. We've also discovered an excellent nature series called Wild Russia on National Geographic channel.
I bring you...the wild. In our kitchen.
When it came to clearing up, there was a little bit of a disaster as we've managed to misplace a walrus, which meant I spent an hour scouring the back garden looking for a little plastic walrus that was actually in Mb's pocket.
Now we're about to embark on creating a Gingerbread house, whilst pretending to be bears...this should be interesting.
2 comments:
Had to smile at the search for the lost walrus. Been there. Sometimes "It will turn up, it always does." is not enough.
Bringing the snow in is an appealing idea. The wind chill factor is biting today.
In January we brought in a small amount of real snow, for "experimenting" with, and Squirt LOVED it. No chance of doing that here, at the moment ;-)
I'm on the hunt for the fake snow on sale in the UK. Not cold is a big plus for me :-)
Can't wait to see the bears do gingerbread!
Post a Comment