Monday, 13 December 2010

robots, presents and the winner is....

...Mel and Mamacrow! There was so much stuff that I decided to divide it up between two people, so double the love! I have your address Mamacrow (unless you've moved) but Mel, I need yours when you are free...pop it in an email and I will send your wrapped and ready to go parcel to you.

Shrek did the picking, but then went on to stub his toe, which meant he refused to do posing, which means that the only proof I have of a fair draw is two tiny bits of scrap paper on the kitchen worktop, so you'll just have to believe me.

We've had family to stay for a few days. There has been much crafting, winter walking, singing (Deck the Halls is Shreks most favourite Christmas Carol, and I'm a little bit fed up of hearing it and playing it on the piano.) We've been putting the finishing touches to many of our home made Christmas presents and cards, photo evidence below:


(yes, that's a glitter glue you spy.)

Mb wanted to make a robot and a car out of foam, so we spent an afternoon making this:

He made it in the morning, and played with it all day.

It got me pondering the whole Christmas present buying/ making thing once again. Most of the time I think my kids would be just as happy with their library cards and a monthly visit to scrapstore at their Christmas presents, but then they produce a list of wants/ needs that can baffle me (still haven't sourced the "real live alien" on Mb's list.)

We played with the Christmas lights and the camera:


The season is upon me, and despite starting the preparations in good time, I am feeling at this moment that slightly claustrophobic feeling, where Christmas is breathing down my neck and I am not ready! I am not ready!


My answer is to go out and play, because when your toes are numb and your face is frozen, it doesn't matter that you have a pile of unwrapped presents and an ever-increasing To Do list.

4 comments:

Appleshoe said...

"still haven't sourced the "real live alien" on Mb's list." I love this! Kids come up with the best things. I never did get my real snake skin boots or official crocodile dundee hat growing up either. ;)Take care.

mel said...

wooohooooo!! wowzers!! thanks!

i know what you mean about the 'thought-i-was-organized-bit'...i think starting early lulls one into a false sense of security!

i do agree....it's way more fun to go out and play!!

:)

mamacrow said...

hoorah! I TOTALLY agree it was a fair draw ;-)

and no, havn't moved :D

as for real live aliens... well, all life on earth is esentially alien isn't it? cos life was ('they' think) kick started by something or other that was on a asteriod that bashed in x million years ago....

so... give him Shrek for xmas?! (it would be cheep at least)

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

I love your beautiful lanterns with the stars. They add a special touch! I am finding it way too odd that the word claustrophobic, has the word 'Claus' (as in Santa Claus) in the beginning. I too feel this way right now!

:)Lisa