Saturday, 4 December 2010

paper snowflakes that look like stars


We loaned the The Christmas Origami book from the library this past week. I didn't have very high expectations as I've never been particularly capable of following instructions for paper crafts in the past, but this book is truly excellent.

The instructions are clear and simple. We chose the snowflakes as our first project and this is the result:

I know what you are thinking, and we thought so too.

They look more like stars. So, snowflake stars it is then.

We don't mind what you call them, because we made them and they look pretty.

You don't really get the full effect from this picture, and I could have waited until we get a bright sunshiny day, but I wanted to show you them before Spring 2011.

Then, it was out to this:


My favourite picture, Shrek sneaking up on his big brother and planting a snowball on his bottom.

We've had a busy few days and have a few more lined up with a Christmas play (Od is playing the Tiny Tim!) And then there is present making for cousins to be finished and posted, as well as our local church Christmas Fair...then after that there is calm and peace and a little bit of still.

I hope.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your star/snowflakes turned out really well. I wish I could say that I had a talent for origami, but the edges never line up perfectly and I end up with a bodge!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the stars! What was teh book called...I would love to learn how to make those ....they are whimsy and lovely!

Sam said...

Love the stars/snowflakes. Very pretty :-)

mamacrow said...

oh my GOSH those snowflake stars are IMPRESSIVE! they look jolly intricate!