Wednesday, 22 December 2010

life is a series of coincidence and other maddening things

If I had known what the universe had in store at the beginning of last week I probably would never bothered to get out of bed.

On Friday my dearest fell over on the icy path and ended up in.....A&E. He has damaged the tendons on his knee and is hobbling about the house, unable to drive.

Then, the very next day, I noticed Shrek was not his happy bubbly self.

Things rapidly went down hill.

His temperature went sky high and he was struggling to get a breath.

Back to A&E then.

He was put on a nebuliser and there was a lot of people milling around and poking him.

It was probably the worst twenty four hours of my life ever. The hospital were trying every thing they could but nothing was making him breath better - they thought it was croup but were being frustrated as to why he wasn't showing signs of recovery when he was treated.

Then, just like magic, he got better.

Needless to say my festive preparations have gone out the window.

I don't expect to be in this space for the next week, so Merry Christmas all - and I hope you all have a restful (A&E free) festive season.

He is fine now and we are all so pleased to have him home.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Ah, Kelly, what a time you are having :(
Hope you have a good A&E free Christmas too, with lots of love, laughter and relaxation.

Merry Christmas!

mamacrow said...

oh my goodness :O
well, that's your three tho, isn't it, so hopefully you will have a very very quiet and utterly uneventful rest of the holidays! xx

Stephanie said...

Oh, no!!

I'm sending buckets full of loves and good health your way!