We are currently inspired here, we are enthusing about what exciting things we are going to learn this year and what interesting places we will visit.
Tomorrow is the START OF IT ALL.
And this is where it may all go horribly wrong, because I have not learnt to curb my optimism. I have these dreams, these expectations that appear to be realistic right now, right at this very moment. But then, tomorrow, we will take the boys to school, we will pop in to Tesco for essentials that I couldn't face getting in the mad weekend rush, and then we will come home and then the baby will need feeding, so OD will read a book or dither about on the computer, and then it will be lunch time and then we will have 45 minutes until we need to collect the boys, and is it really worth starting any other activities in that time? No, probably not, we'll just draw some pictures in chalk/ pastels/ crayon and then we will get home from the school run and EB will want to play the PS2, MB will flake out on the sofa, Shrek will need feeding again, and then it will be tea time for the bigger kids so I will need to put that on, and may be they will help me a bit (peeling potatoes has become a task worth fighting over!) Then it will be reading time for the two big boys, then bath time, then bed. In one paragraph my day is gone - piff, paff, poof.
This is the pessimist in me, and this is what emerges on the eve of starting anew. I need to banish these thoughts and focus on opening the chemistry set and playing with the contents and not worry about numeracy and literacy hours - we can manage what OD used to do in these hours in less than 10 minutes I have discovered.
I will not dive in head first, because that could result in drowning.
I will dip a toe in tomorrow and may be on Tuesday, I will go in all the way up to my ankle. I will dip a little optimistic and enthusiastic toe in. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
I do wish you luck :0) Just been reading some of your blog posts to dh, who has howled with laughter. Don't change your 'random thoughts' they make us laugh!!
Lisa x
Lol, you've just described a typical day here! I'm surprised we manage to get anything done before bedtime. And yet, we do :-)
Your chemistry set plan sounds so much fun. I'd love to come round myself, so I'm waiting, patiently, to hear all about it.
Good luck with the toe, and here's to the ankle!
go on, up to the knees! xx
Post a Comment