Above: The creepy old vicarage, looks quite nice in this picture though. It had lead windows. I draw your attention to the replica clock in the foreground. There are three in Cricklade. One original one and two replicas to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. However, no one seems certain which one is the original and there is some local dissent regarding this issue (so don't mention it!)
A gravestone for two children. They must have been very expensive what with all the ornate decoration. The writing was all but gone except for names and dates. Bit depressing.
The church - one of several in the town. This is the biggest. St Sampsons. It has the third longest bell ropes in Britain.
If you are an observant type you will notice that I have edited this post. This is because I accidentally published it earlier, it was supposed to be saved in drafts. Silly me.
No comments:
Post a Comment