Wednesday, 28 January 2009

The Meme Post

Thank you Mama Crow for the meme. Never been meme'd before, so here goes. I need to supply 8 random facts/ habits. Right then...

Fact number one - I was a child star!
Not that you would know it, I got picked to star in a government advert that was played in schools throughout the country. It was to prevent children from drinking out of unmarked bottles in sheds and to stop adults putting chemicals in old lemonade bottles. I remember having to walk into a pretend shed and spy one such bottle. I was six. We did have a video of it, until my Dad accidentally taped Zulu over it.

Fact number two - I learnt to swim by accident
On holiday in Malta when I was small. My Grandad used to take me snorkeling every morning with arm bands on and one day we were running so late I just shoved my snorkel on and in I went. I swam for over an hour. My Gran sat on the beach doing her nut but as she couldn't swim she had to just stare helplessly from the shore. I was four.

Fact number three - I failed my A Levels
Not completely, but I did pretty badly in one exam. I turned up inebriated for a paper on modern political history. I doodled and then fell asleep for the whole two and a half hours. Whoops.

Fact number four - I hate herring roll mops
My DH loves them, but I can't even touch a sealed pot of them. If I see them I start heaving. I don't know why, I just really hate them.

Fact number five - I love climbing
But only inside up climbing walls. I am way too much of a wuss to try it outside on a real rock face.

Fact number six - I have a weird walk
Due to the fact that my parents didn't allow me to have an operation on my tendons as a small child, I now walk on my toes and get ridiculed wherever I go, thanks mum and dad. I can, however walk perfectly in the highest of high heels.

Fact number seven - I used to work at a top show yard
Yes, I was a groom at Horse of the Year show, British Show Pony events and Windsor Horse Show to name a few, but I am absolutely rubbish horse rider, and I mean seriously hopeless. I was just good at making the horses look shiny.

Fact number eight - I failed my driving test, twice.
The first time when the examiner asked me to turn right at a roundabout. I did. I didn't go right round the roundabout. I went right into oncoming traffic. Immediate fail. The second time I was the examiners first ever candidate and she got us lost and we both had a melt down. Third time I passed with flying colours. Phew.

So, now I have to ping this on to some other bloggers - OK, I will have a think.....

boyceview - I like this blog.
malbridge house - again, I like this blog
lovehomeschool - do I need to say it again?

That'll be all for now,

These, apparently, are the rules:

1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

5. For the recipients, leave a comment for the person who tagged you, so they can go and read your answers.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL Kelli Think I just deleted instead of publishing your post - I'll have a go later though! Lisa x

mamacrow said...

I am FASCINATED that you were a child star - i have vague memories of that film, i think! I remember more the kid in the poncho going with the creepy guy in the car to see the donkeys.... NO! DON't GO AND SEE THE DONKEYS!
I was scarred for life by that one...

kelly said...

Lisa - this is OK, I delete more things than I save...hope you have time to have another go though.

Mamacrow - I bet you have never been able to look at a donkey without getting the creeps. I remember that film too!!

Lisa said...

I will do this when I get a minute - I was scared stiff of those adverts. It worked I've never darank anything unidentified in my life. LOL your dad taped over it with Zulu - bet he was popular!!

Bridget said...

I'll do this when I've had a think, it'll give me something to blog about!