Quite a dramatic title.
True though.
I was reading Grit's post about interesting car noises and thought to myself "Our car has been making iffy noises, I really should get it checked out"
Today I took my recycling to the bins in the village (thoughtfully placed beside the play park) and noticed the mechanics on the opposite side of the road. I decided to pop in and see about booking in the car.
This was not your ordinary garage. It was more your Aladdin's Cave of Wonder. I could have spent all day picking through the weird and wonderful.
I approached a gentleman busy sanding the paint off of a van, he looked utterly shocked to see me - I got the distinct feeling that they don't see too many women, or customers in general. I told him about the funny noise, and the bleep! Bleep! Bleep! That we some times hear.
So he came to take a look.
Within five minutes he burst out in a rich deep Welsh accent: "Good God woman!! You've got hardly any brake fluid....how on earth have you been stopping?"
Cue a pale face when I think of the 1:12 hill with hair pin bends I go down nearly every day.
So Grit, no matter what else becomes of you, know that you saved at least one life with your wise words.
4 comments:
Oh my, so glad to hear that you are safe now. Take care.
Gosh - and inspired nudge theyr i think. Glad you are safe. Our nearest garage is a treaure trove too - love poking around there, and J has a very impressive collection of - erm - bits :)
xx
OH my gosh O.o
thank you Grit, is all I'm saying!
i don't know what to say!
Post a Comment