Monday, 5 September 2011

having a cosmic blip

If you came here to find musings on home education, I am sorry but normal has taken a holiday, and plain old crazy has moved in.

My ipod is corrupt. I didn't do any thing.

Has it been gambling online when I go to bed at night? Taking backhanders from podcasters in need of ratings?

My camera battery is flaking out on me. Time was, when we were young, I only needed to charge it once every few weeks. Now, I'm lucky to get more than one day's worth of pictures out of it.

My mobile phone has gone barmy, and insists that each and every day is the 12th August. I change the date, and then ten minutes later it pops up, asking me to confirm that today is the of course the 12th August, 2011. It seems a bit needy to me, so I've given in and agreed.

And Blogger. You choose this day to suggest I use the updated interface. I'll pass for now, not wanting to take any more chances with technology thank you.

Nature also seems to want to get in on weirding me out.

The spiders....oh the spiders.
I have forgotten what September is like for spiders, and round here, they seem to come in XL, XXL and XXXL. One was so big in Lb's bedroom, that he could tell me what it's eyes looked like. I make Mr Wah do the picking up of them. Rodney has also proved an excellent spider chaser.

Confession: They are keeping me awake at night! How stupid is that? In the scheme of things they are pretty small, but I am so convinced one will make it's nest in my hair overnight, that I keep waking up to check.

Then there is the strange and mysterious hole that appeared in the field. I am thinking it was the dogs as they looked very guilty when I asked them. It's huge, and dangerous as any livestock that may be entering the field could end up with a broken leg. So tomorrow will see me filling it back up.

After admitting to blip, I have surrendered myself to the universe. I am also taking refuge in the beach pictures I took a couple of days ago:


I hope it wasn't the last beach day of 2011, as I am rapidly discovering that beach = sanity.

1 comment:

Appleshoe said...

How lovely to walk along the beach. There is a world of difference between ocean and lake beaches and I wish we lived a whole lot closer to the ocean. You are blessed. Sorry to hear about your tech problems. I don't own a cell or an Ipod but perhaps the spiders have a hand in it all... or leg ;) take care.