Locally, art and craft is a BIG deal. In our nearest town, I counted seven shops all selling craft materials, or hand made items. Notice that there is not a supermarket in our town - and we still have two butchers, a grocers and a bakers...quite a feat in modern times.
Aside from pubs, the next biggest draw is most certainly art.
There is even a Saturday fine art school for children, which caught Mb's eye.
I am always happy for the kids to try out classes, but only if I feel it's something we can't do at home, and art is some thing we do a lot of....so I had some reservations.
All those reservations disappeared after I met the tutor and the brains behind the class. A lady who has sculpted the vast metal dragon that guards the entrance to the local castle, and carved the wooden dragon seat that is Mb's most very favourite thing in the town. This lady lives and breathes art, sculpture and dragons. She could be his soul mate.
Yesterday was his first session, and he loved it. When I say loved it, I mean, came out in a state of bliss. He hasn't stopped working on his drawings since. He was drawing before he went to sleep, and he woke up and went straight to it this morning. He is still drawing now.
1 comment:
I reckon I know a kid who would be into that. He happens to be sneakily drawing dragons even as I type (he's supposed to be asleep!).
Post a Comment