Sunday, 3 October 2010

and......relax

For just a few short days we will be on holiday (potential burglars be warned I have a house sitter that is quite scary.)

I am currently taking a break from sock safari to bring you this thrilling news. I bought TWENTY pairs only a month ago, and already they have scattered and dispersed throughout the house. I have packed most of our clothes and bought in animal foods to keep the critters going whilst we're away. I've packed field guides in the hope that the rains holds off for one day so we can go bike riding. Am I really asking too much? BBC weather thinks so.

There will be no Science Tuesday...I am not one of those organised bloggers who does things in advance, what you see here is the real, honest chaos we live in, and no amount of template editing is going to hide or change that.

I will be computer free, taking with me a goodly amount of books, a notepad and my dreams...

I will leave you with a new internet find. Well, new to me - probably the whole world has already found them! The Boys Almanac. We have a Daniel Carter Beard book (this one) and as we will be staying in the woods, I hope we can have a shot at some of the ideas when we're away. Good reading whether you have boys, girls or both.

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you like the fairy houses! I am finishing one up today for my friend...I am LOVING this one...I will post soon!

I will be looking into a Boys Almanac!! Thank you for the continued inspiration! Have a terrific holiday!!

Sam said...

Have a good holiday. Hope your sock safari was a success :-)

Sam x

Tania said...

Honestly, socks and sock behaviour has to be one of the world’s greatest unsolved mysteries. Enjoy that break. Hope the scary house sitter has dinner cooked for you upon your return!