Friday, 26 November 2010

some days you just need to blow off the cobwebs and get really cold

It started with this in the garden:


Then Eb: "I wonder if there is lots of ice at the lake." So we downed tools and went to find out.

There was.
We stepped on frozen puddles. "Why is it cold in the lane but warm amongst the tees?"

There were many theories - Mb's being my favourite - that trees have hot breath.

We stopped for a drink of hot blackcurrant and a chocolate hob nob(I came prepared):


Sometimes it got a bit too much for the smallest person. He would stand still in protest until I went back and picked him up.

We envied the warm woolliness of these:

There was beauty and colour:

And the comedy of small people wearing big people's gloves:

We said farewell to the Bees until 2011 (and I breathed a sigh of relief that we would be able to walk this stretch of path for a few months without the threat of bee stings - after a summer rain storm those bees were cranky.)
And then it was home, to hot soup and cheese on toast and an afternoon of creating with this fine specimen:
Intrigued?

No comments: