Then Eb decided time outside to build a den out of the recently pruned tree branches. Shall I scare you and admit that this photo was taken at 11.00 a.m? Look at the dark, murkiness and the fog! Still he had some good atmospheric play until he got too cold. (See Rodney at his side? He has become quite the faithful kid companion.)
I've recently downloaded and printed out some penguin maths cards for Mb, so we laminated them and set to! He liked that I'd made them double sided. All the penguins have names.
Owls. We made a fabric owl, because we heard one last night. We don't live in the countryside so this caused high excitement. Next we plan to make the owl acorns from bookhoucraftprojects.
There was indoor den building. A Playmobil siege, more Christmas talk and game playing. They got so good that they started to time each other.
We did listening and singing Doris Day (really) and did rrrrrrrrrrrromantic dancing.
Piano playing (me) and violin playing (od) both together and apart.
There is a story here...Od often practices in her bedroom for peace, and because in the small office building opposite our house she can see two ladies who work within the building, and Od says that knowing they can see her makes her hold her violin properly and bow better, she likes to pretend she is playing for them. Often they will smile and nod at her and vice versa. I feel one day soon she will want to go and meet them and play for them for real.
Mb made himself a dream catcher, because he has had a couple of bad nights with scary dreams, and so he needed one (his idea) :
There was Hot Chocolate with all the trimmings whilst I read Swiss Family Robinson to them all. We didn't get as far as I would have liked, because with every discovery the family made, there came a million questions. For example, when I read how they built a staircase inside the hollow tree to reach their treetop home, both Eb and Od voiced concerns that the tree was dead and therefore not the place to be building a treehouse at all, and when the kangaroo came on the scene, Od got slightly frustrated as "you only get them in Australia and they clearly aren't there." They enjoyed the story thus far and have decided to re-enact it with playmobil tomorrow.
We finished with a game of Pictureka and then bed. Which is where I am headed right now...
2 comments:
What a beautiful day. You truly are blessed. Those owls look so cute. Thank you for the link! Take care.
Lovely, busy day. Do come round :-) We could play duets!
Post a Comment