Monday, 15 November 2010

salt dough people - painted update

(If you are looking at these and not sure what I am talking about, click here for the first post.)


I am mostly pleased with how these turned out.

We rushed the painting a bit, and should have done several thinner coats. If you do one big thick gloopy coat like we did, then it does crack a little bit. We did a covering of pva glue though so that should hold the paint on a while longer.

Mb has decided that they are his new favourite play things so has squirreled them away to live in a house he has made.

They were easy and almost free to make, so a good little craft for us...I think we will make many more of these over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Love the angel and smowmen. When I saw your original post, at first glance I thought you had carved a cork. Guess it was the grainy flour giving the texture.