"Make barbie clothes" was her reply, and not one I was expecting, as Od has not shown a massive interest in barbies, despite inheriting a few from her Aunt.
Of course, this girl, I should have known.
This was not normal clothes making. This was step-back-in-time-to-the-Tudors clothes making. She was quite serious about the detail.
There had to be underskirts. There had to be a head dress and there had to be a big collar (the last one foxed me to be honest and we never quite achieved it.)
I only wish I had thought to take a picture of the back of barbie, because her head dress is really rather fantastic, and so it the back of the dress. You will just have to use your imagination.
Then Od had what was an epiphany. We were discussing Ann Boleyn's unfortunate death, and how her daughter came to be rather significant in history. Od mused:
"Even though I don't know them, I had relatives alive in Tudor times. Some one, some where in that history period was my relative, my great time twenty Grandmother. She lived when Ann did, she would have known what it was like to live then, and she had kids that meant I could be here now."
Profound thinking for a little bit of dress making.
3 comments:
Oh, wow, the Barbie looks great! What a creative thing to do...
I don't particularly like doll stuff either but then I discovered this blog a while ago - http://www.enchanteddoll.com/blog/ and I have to say I am pretty hooked now :)
You both did a wonderful job on that Barbie. She looks great!
Very impressive :-) I have a re-enactment friend who makes costumes, and she spends hours making full size versions - authentically (by hand!)
Whereas I can't make either size ;-)
Post a Comment