Saturday, 26 June 2010

our own not-colouring-book

I like the range of doodle books. I want to buy some and you can get a used copy for 28p, but a used doodle book?

I am incredibly stingy (except in charity shops, where I lose it,) so before we make a purchase, I will always try to think up a way of doing it on the cheap. I give you....

We Are Here - Not Colouring Book

These are the first drafts, and I'm fairly pleased with them so far, however I think I made a mistake in using both sides of cheap paper, as the drawings show through. I used a Sharpie pen and next time will use thicker paper. Watercolour paper may be? Each picture has a little text prompt, to give the artist some inspiration.

The kids are coming up with ideas quicker than I can draw them. The kids want to make a book of them and give to their cousin for his birthday, but I'm not sure he would appreciate it...


2 comments:

Big mamma frog said...

These are fab! I've seen the books you mentioned and I think your creation is far better :)

Jude said...

I love these too - they're much better than colouring books - so much more creative. I also produced a few of my own which can be downloaded:
http://www.artful-adventures.co.uk/2010/02/22/get-your-free-doodle-sheets-here/