Tuesday, 16 February 2010

there's been a short break from normality

Shrek has come down with the measles, which has led to sleepless nights, fretting and lots of crusty nose.

I think (hope) he is over the worst.

We've been house bound, which has led to some interesting situations:

Eb has been drawing and writing his new book "X Force save the universe" which is about people who have Xs on their bodies and faces, defending the 10 secret keys from the bad guys who are electrocuting the stars.

Mb has been making all kinds of contraptions. One was a booby trap full of beads. As I learnt, it worked well and now there are some 1000 teeny tiny beads under the rug, the chair and the table, even though I have hoovered twice.

Od has been making horse rugs, catching up on Tracy Beaker on Iplayer (still not sure if I like it) and chatting to all her friends on the phone. She's also been listening to Pride and Prejudice on Audio Book, because this girl loves her period drama.

Shrek has been laying about, demanding stories to be read - the same three books, over and over, whilst drinking lots (nothing alcoholic) and being a big patchy red blob.

Mb burst Eb's nose open AGAIN and was threatened with the police, which completely backlashed as Eb burst into tears and yelled "I love my brother! I don't want him in prison!"

Life goes on.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Poor Shrek! Hope he feels better soon, and gets to stop being the big red blob.

The rest sounds pretty normal. Love the sound of the contraptions - most ingenious ;-)

Tania said...

Oh, blimey! Go make like an ostrich in some nice soundproof sand. I really and truly hope that everyone else stays measles free...

Tania said...

PS. I forgot to reply to the Oxford thing - afraid it's not my old haunt at all - though I did go there once for my first wedding anniversary. Spent the time in a darkened room with a migraine so still not much help!!

mamacrow said...

oh my goodness! I remember well the summer when Saurus and Roo got chicken pox... I was pregnant with Fluff at the time, naturally, cue lots of panic!

Hope y'all feel better soon... Eb's book sounds AWESOME!

Stephanie said...

a boobey trap with a thousand beads!!
That is totally something that would go down here! :)
Down and out here, too.....
see you on the other side!