Friday, 26 February 2010

sick fed up of it all

If you knew how many times I have started this post. I have about two dozen saved drafts but none of them seem to adequately sum up how I feel.

There has been some serious allegations made about Home Education. Again. All perfectly timed by the government. I haven't listened to it, or gone to the news sites to read about it (although, if you want to, here is a link.)

I don't need to. I've had read the same allegations and slander over and over, again and again over the past twelve months. I have regurgitated my responses over and over. I am like a broken record, even I am sick of hearing myself.

Within the HE community, the past 24 hours have been explosive. Lots of ranting, lots of insightful commenting, lots of sadness at the state of the country we live in.

Outside of the HE community and barely a soul is even aware of what is going on. I did a quick poll amongst friends (non HE) last night and the main news story they were all talking about was the killer whale killing its trainer, or, amongst my scottish family, it was the tragic accidents caused by the snow.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. In some ways it is a gentle reminder that life goes on. In another it is depressing to think that all my campaigning, petition signing and shouting have largely gone un-noticed. Those aware of Khyra Ishaq are saddened by her avoidable death and the failure of social services. They haven't made a link between home education and her case. May be the government need to be even more obvious in their suggestions, if at all possible.

I don't know how to finish this post. I'm just sorry.

4 comments:

Jemmo said...

Bless you for posting. It is easy to rant, but after more than a year of that, it gets so tiring.

It's harder to be reasonable and to form reasonable, intelligent arguments, especially when they are responded to by Ed Balls with his fingers in his ears chanting, "La la la! I'm not listening!" Eventually this gets beyond tiring too.

After that? Well, then one is left to put into words the deep sadness and the desperate sick feeling one has about the State we live in, because that's all that is left when the anger blows out and the reasoned words run out.

Keep talking things out, and keep close to the good people. The bad ones will die unhappy deaths in the end. Guaranteed.

xxx

mamacrow said...

Hugs. I know EXACTLY what you mean.xx

Bridget said...

I know what you mean, it's like banging your head against a brick wall. Your efforts won't go unrewarded, HE needs people like you to follow. I'm not a leader, we just HE but if you put up polls or petitions then I will sign them, so keep going, you can and do inspire people

Grit said...

yes, i agree. it is very difficult to bring these issues and ideas into worlds where arranging the cushion covers before doing the school run are pretty important tasks. when i do bring out the subjects of child protection / home ed / dcsf in such society, i feel i'm treated a little like a stink in a lift. i shall stink on.