Friday, 26 June 2009

what am I?

We did some nature study and found a snail. Wanting to do this properly we got our field guide out to properly name him. We are assuming it is a "him" - he looked like a boy.

In the end we gave up and let him decide :)He is a hedge snail.

2 comments:

mamacrow said...

most snails are hermaphodrite, btw - ie, girl and boy. They still need to mate with each other - they hook up and the male bits of snail a mate with the female bits of snail b, and the male bits of snail b mate with femal bits of snail a.

They then both go off and lay eggs.

and what a GORGEUS looking book! what is it? want one!

Actually, the more you go into them, the more fascinating snails are!

kelly said...

I did know that about snails. I just forgot. Some nature study eh?!?

I bought the book when I was 10 from a school fete :) It's called Woodland Life by blandford. published 1966.