We are no longer educating our children. Not in the normal sense. We are rebelling, even more than usual.
Instead, this week will be taken up with playing outside, splashing in paddling pools, pond dipping, cake baking, fruit salad eating, park visiting, library visiting, fountain splashing, board game playing, wimbledon watching and other general tomfoolery.
If you scratch the surface, you will find some educational benefits there, but the main priority is to have fun, to get out and about and make the most of being HE. OK, so the house will suffer, the washing pile will tower over me, but it will all be there on the next rainy day we have. (I may succumb a little bit, as I get a little freaked out if I can't see the floor.)
We will squeeze as much fun as we can into the next week, and probably be passing out from exhaustion by the end of it. It will be worth it though.
2 comments:
I beg to differ. Barely any surface scratching required methinks. Especially if it's the kids building the teetering washing pile tower.
Best of luck locating the floor – I lost mine yesterday.
glad I'm not the only one who regularly loses the floor.
Post a Comment