
Five. I can remember five. My sister was born, and I was mildly disappointed that she wasn't a brother, and that she screamed day and night. I can remember getting lost on holiday in France, and being quite terrified. I can also remember my mother getting and ear bashing from the Education Welfare people (or what ever they were called back then) because she had forgotten to put me into school when I turned five.
I wonder what memories EB will have. He was only at school for just under five months. When he looks back will he remember how much he hated it? Or will he blot it out and only remember being home educated. I hope for the latter.
He wanted a party, and so as the weather looked good, i cobbled together some friends, food and party games - which mostly consisted of strategically placed buckets of water balloons in the garden - and he was a happy little person.
I cheated and got him educational things for his birthday. This see and spell puzzle and band in a box. A tea set and a policemans dressing up outfit from Crazy Nanny and his life was complete.
I have been watching him a little more closely these past few days, trying to spot signs of "fiveness". He has his passions, mainly drawing and frogs, he is starting to push the boundaries a little more than he used to, but he is happier, more content and not afraid to try new things, as long as he has an older sibling to support him.
I hope he has a good fifth year, as starting school marred the last one slightly. So, here's to you MB, and year of fun and games ahead.
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MB!
happy belated birthday wishes from here! it's an exhausting busy time, this having fun stuff, isn't it?!
Post a Comment