We have had an interesting few days. As well as worrying about the review, I have had sick children to care for both day and night (ew). We have become recluses and hidden away in our house, but don't think for one second this means we have been idle.
First up, we made Fathers Day presents. This year DH will be the proud owner of a home made lunch bag, a home made printed T-shirt using dylon gloop and a cheque book entitling the bearer, amongst many things to "An afternoon at the bookstore without children", and "breakfast in bed". It is quite possible I will have a sucky few days as he enjoys doling these out, but hopefully he will use them up quickly rather than eek them out over a few months.
The T Shirt is my favourite, it has hand drawn self portraits of each of the kids on it. I am not entirely sure about whether he will wear it, but it was a lot of fun to make and the pcitures came up surprisingly well. I would show you a picture but my camera is broke. This is not making me happy, and I have seen at least 100 perfect shots since it happened which is torture, but I am hoping it will be back in action by the end of the week.
We spotted some of these in the garden (again, I wish I had my camera), jostling for space in our teeny tiny pond. EB was also out hunting shield bugs which have become a personal favourite bug of his.
When it rained, the children developed new monopoly rules using the "My First Monopoly" board. They have also been designing their own board games. EB's is great. It's called "Fish Chase" and is simple to understand and a lot of fun to play. OD's is complicated but still fun, and MB's changes every time we play it to make sure he wins.
Lastly, to cheer every one up once the sickness was past, I made chocolate muffins, with chocolate chips and chocolate butter icing. Enough to make every one sick again.
Tomorrow we are going to brave the big wide world again, but it's been a nice couple of days, and as an added bonus we've all managed get along. This almost never happens. May be they should be sick more often. I can't believe I just thought that.
1 comment:
we have had a summer bug here too, and we had pancakes for dinner to cheer them up:-) Choclate muffins sound pretty good though.
Hope everyone is well. and I know what you mean because we where home we are never idle theres always lots goign on.
Post a Comment