Monday, 28 November 2011

weekend of work

I am done in.

Pooped.

We had to clear out our stored stuff this weekend, which meant I had to sort and distribute a whole load of stuff that we've lived happily without for six months. It was a bit like Christmas for the kids as they rediscovered some old toys, and for me too as I found the glass paints and some other bits and bobs I thought I'd lost. Most of it though went to the charity shop.

We had the van for 48 hours, so it had to be done in that timeframe, and we had to finish waterproofing the barn before the nasty weather arrived. (It has just started to get windy out there, and it's nice to know the ponies are snug in their stables now.)

Spike.....and Mb, also known as Spike.

Add to that the delivery of a winter's supply of hay and straw that needed to be stored and covered, also before the bad weather hit. It was non stop.

Apart from cooking food, I pretty much abandoned all motherly duties. Happily they didn't mind as they were too busy playing.

The two older boys also enjoyed moving the hay and straw and "being farmery" as Mb put it.

My hands feel like leather, my feet hurt. I inhaled about twenty small spiders and countless dust spores, I grazed my cheek on a wooden stake, ripped my coat on a gate post, and I smelt really bad for two consecutive days.

I hope you know the trouble we've gone to for you, Mr.

It felt like we accomplished something, and to know that no matter what the weather does we are prepared makes me happy. I worked out that we have enough human and animal feed to last us six weeks.

Let's hope it isn't that bad.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Six weeks!! Do you know something we don't about impending snow storms!! I need your address so when we run out we can knock on your door!!

W-S Wanderings said...

Oh, we LOVE "being farmery" here too! I mean, no one has coined it as perfectly as your Mb, but "being farmery" it is.

Blessings...