Friday, 4 November 2011

last little bits of autumn

Started with house cleaning (a surprise set of visitors arrive tomorrow) and dog cleaning. Two naughty hounds got themselves very, very muddy. I'm talking only the eyes were visible, and where there was once brown, black and white, there was only the beige of mud.

A bit of shopping in the local town, chatting to the lovely people who run this shop. Very encouraging to Od with regards to sewing and crafting. Starting to realise that you cannot just go into town to do your shopping, you have to allow about thirty minutes for conversation.

Then a walk in the woods and the car drive there was very much an eye closing, buttock clenching event for me (Mr Wah was driving) as we zig zagged down steep hills with water running down them and edges made hazy by the covering of leaves.

All the while, the small people were shrieking "Wheeeeeeeee!"

Shows how a few years can make a difference to your outlook on a situation.

Once we were there, it was magical. The last, fantastic burst of reds and oranges, the bubbling of the river and the beauty of every thing.

And no pictures.

I left my camera at home by accident. But just think of walking in a valley, with trees either side of you, and a river to your left on the way out and your right on the way back. Add in some mud, at least one soggy welly (Eb) and you're almost there.

4 comments:

mamacrow said...

oh the 'wheeeeeeee' ing. Petal and Fluff do it everytime we go round a roundabout or down a hill. And now they've got Dot doing it too *shoots self*

Bridget said...

The amount of times I forget my camera, I could have taken the "perfect picture" so many times.
When we were younger all four children would sit in the back of my Dads Robin Reliant!! and shout " Overtake, overtake" until he did. My Mum would be petrified! Oh my goodness, I've just realised, I've turned into my Mum!!!

kelly said...

Bridget - I think we all become like our mothers, whether we like it or not. I find myself threatening to come round their houses when they grow up and jump on their sofa....exactly what my mother said to me!

Stephanie said...

Wheeee! and butt clenching. :)
Verra funny, that.
xo