I think this has to be the longest blog break I've had since starting up.
There is no exciting reason. I've just been busy.
I've been making presents, this year I've gone for terrariums like these, as well as lots and lots of Peppermint Bark.
Whenever the weather hasn't been wild and crazy, we've been outside clearing the brambles from the second paddock so that the horses have somewhere else to go after Christmas. You could say this is where there was some drama, as I took my gloves off (stupidly) because my hands were warm, and then tried to pull a dead fern out of the ground. Ferns, in case you don't know, have barbs on them....teeny tiny barbs that will rip your hand to shreds like a dozen paper cuts. The hand will then bleed, freaking out the children you are with, especially when within a minute, the blood is running up to your elbow.
I'm fine, and I learnt a lesson. Sweaty hands are better than cut ones.
In other news, Od got out for a proper run with Rebel, their first in the big field.
I closed my eyes and held my breath, but it was fantastic to see them both galloping across the field, both having the time of their lives....I wish I'd taken the camera up with me, but as I was watching with only one eye open, chances are the pictures would have been rubbish any way.
Although we have no chickens, I've been clearing the new site for the coop, which we'll move over the Christmas period if we can.
There has been Puppet shows, carol singing and still to come, a Christmas Fayre in an Abbey.
The weather has been awful. It's Winter, and it's what we expected, even so, the ICE storm experienced yesterday surpassed any one's expectations. It actually hurt to be outside in it. More bad weather has been forecast, and I am hoping and praying it delays until Friday night, as I have some last minute gift buying to do and I need to get to town.....if not, I'll be up to the wee small hours, making.
Over the next few days I plan to upload some photos of what we've been up to. No promises though....
No comments:
Post a Comment