I asked Eb what he wanted for supper tonight, as I was out of ideas. He replied:
"Something and beans."
So that's what we'll have.
I'm finding the tensions of the season have settled nicely into my neck.
I want simple, but I'm rapidly hurtling towards complicated.
I don't think any Christmas can ever be truly simple when you have four small people, all with events and activities they want to do.....and only one parent on hand.
Mr Wah is away until Wednesday, which means I have two days left to fly solo, which means that I have to manage alone, including rounding up escaping ponies (actually rather funny and a great way to get every one exercising.)
Of course, I could ignore the mountain of tasks I have set myself, declare that we are not budging from the sofa and indulge in a Christmas film watching marathon, but that just seems wrong and defeatist.
I'm off to cut out a million paper snowflakes so that Od and Mb can make the paper snowflake chain that they so desire.
Then, I'm off to cook the something and beans.
I'm actually thinking that I won't publicly continue with this blog after Christmas, so this may well be my last post.
2 comments:
ack, i'd be declaring a work-stoppage and settling into those films....rounding up wayward ponies notwithstanding of course. ;)
my dad always used to ask my nanna for 'something with chips'....
hang in there!! xo
I hope not kelly, but I have enjoyed following along with your adventures. We had toasted sandwiches tonight. xxx
Post a Comment