Saturday, 31 December 2011

still pondering the universe and it's workings


I went to buy a new horse rug at the local sales.

I came back with this instead:


She is seven months old, cost me twenty pounds and was going to the meat man before I intervened.

I bought her without even a thought of how I was going to get her home, but after some gentle hyperventilation, I found a person who lived near me who would give her a lift if we split the fuel costs.

She's here now, and I'm trying to view the whole experience as meant to be. It seems I am powerless to resist the workings of the universe.

Maybelline is here to stay.....and I am never going back to a horse sale. Ever.

6 comments:

mel said...

dangerous places, horse auctions -- i've never trusted myself to go.

i love her name...LOL.

good on you....i'm positive that this good deed will be repaid ten billion-fold...

xo

Big mamma frog said...

Wow! And I thought I was bad in secondhand bookshops!
I don't know much about ponies, but she looks a free spirit to me (and now even freer :) )

Jessica said...

Thankgoodness that you were there, at least she will have the life she deserves now. <3

mamacrow said...

well at that price she's practically cheeper than the average rug anyway!

You might as well put a 'Worlds End' sign outside your house! (did you read those? They end up resucing lots of animals, including a whole stableful of horses!

She's gorgeous btw, thank goodness you came along

W-S Wanderings said...

You ROCK!!!!! And yes, you are definitely riding the same cosmic wave as my daughter.
I LOVE this story. And I'll consider it a cautionary tale and make sure that she NEVER goes to a horse sale ;-)

globeonmytable said...

Congratulations!