Monday, 22 March 2010

Life. On Mondays:: windows

Interesting that windows should be this Monday's theme at OLM. I spent a part of today cleaning the downstairs ones and worrying about what has happened to our friendly local window cleaner. Were my windows really that bad that he hasn't come back? Or was it the kids talking non stop to him whilst he cleaned their bedroom windows? (And doing their best scooby doo impressions for him.)

Whilst cleaning these windows, I noticed the pollution that builds up on the front ones because of the busy road we live on and the buses that speed up and down it every ten minutes and the lorries that pick up and drop off at the business park down the road.

We've talked about it a lot over the past year, and now, we've decided that this is the answer. Slowly, slowly we are making plans to turn a daydream into reality. shwmae*.

(*Feel free to correct my spelling.)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have a nightmare window - my big picture window!
It's a storm window, but it has little tiny cracks where dirt and dust can get in - and now there are spider webs between the windows! What in the world can I do!?! :) oof.

Hey!
You pick the theme for next week! (Unless you'd rather not...)

Sam said...

Shwmae! That's how we felt moving here from London - it was like a great weight dropped from our shoulders, and we have space to spread out.

Sam said...

Oh and we got your lovely parcel of goodies, thank you very much. :-) I think we're going to be decorating sea-stones today, as you do!