It is probably very bad manners to suggest a theme for some thing and then not actually enter your own response when that theme is picked.
I do have a good excuse though, because a part of the caravan roof fell in, and we are going away in it in a couple of days, so roof repairs took priority over blogging, naturally. Moving swiftly on....
Mornings
Monday mornings to be precise. Oh how I love, love, LOVE them now that we are no longer bound by the rigid order of a school run. We used to have to leave the house by 8.00 am in order to make the school bell and it was pretty torturous all round. I hated the cajoling, uniforming, lunch box making and clock watching that Monday mornings used to present me with.
Not a Monday morning goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for our shift to home education. To wake up and lay there, even for a moment and know that we will each emerge at our own pace and own time when it suits us, that because of this there will be no arguments, no tears, no tantrums. We can slip gently into the new week and formulate our plans together, still in our PJs, with bowls of cereal, cups of tea and (in the case of Eb) bleary eyes. We can look at the calender and the weather and plan accordingly.
School runners, I salute you.
No comments:
Post a Comment