Tuesday, 2 March 2010

better

I may have to get a hat and eat it. Me, ranter of how learning through play doesn't work for us.

This morning I came downstairs to find Eb sitting at the table, busily working on his new dinosaur fact book he is writing. He is three pages in and has included many interesting facts and illustrations. All his idea.

Then there was all of this:

Magnext booby traps. Uh-oh


A lego sushi stirrer (?)



Dinosaurs


A number skipper from the toymaker

Then it was outside for the afternoon for scooting, pram pushing and playing in the treehouse.

I think it's competitive games I need to watch out for. Once again it is me that needs to do the learning.

2 comments:

alison said...

Tbh, I would think that most of the time, playing special maths board games is a bit contrived, and not exactly learning through play :) I'd class whichever one is was (sorry, I can't quite keep your eb's and od's straight) writing out 1+1=2 etc as "learning through play" because he was doing it for his own entertainment and because he wanted to.

Tania said...

The way I figure it, learning through play is like everything else - there are good days and there are bad days! Same goes for that competitive stuff. Sometimes around here, a game of Uno requires flak jackets.