Tuesday, 10 November 2009

todays letter is 'B'

I have heard a niggling voice over the past few weeks that little MB is getting side lined whilst the big two are marching onwards and upwards in their educational achievements. This is partly due to the fact that he is quite happy drawing penguins and frogs all day, thank you very much.

But, every so often, he asks to learn some thing. Recently he has been getting frustrated with his reading skills, so I thought we would do some alphabet work. We did 'A' yesterday, and it was OK but today we did 'B' and the possibilities were endless.....

Firstly we printed out large B's and coloured them all squiggly and wiggly. They are stunning B's. Then we drew pictures of things beginning with B - mostly butterflies. Then we went all crafty and made B's and B related things with play doh (note to self: buy/ make more play doh as most of ours is sludge coloured.)

Look at the photo, and I will take you on a whirl wind tour of B.



See that sphere on the right (as you look at it) of the B? That's Ball. Moving on there is Butterfly, then just below there is Basket. It gets a bit off track now. The two green blobs under the basket? That Bottom (or Bum if you're rude.) Then rather iffy looking Broccoli, finally Brick (the rectangle thing) and above that another butterfly and a nipply looking Bun.

I can only hope that C is as much fun as his neighbour.

(This reminds of a childhood joke about the alphabet which I can't quite remember in my old age, but if you remember dear reader, please post it in the comments.)

1 comment:

mamacrow said...

that is just awesome!

you might like this blog (if you havn't already, apologies if I'm teaching to suck eggs) - they're doing something similar at the mo...

http://ponderedinmyheart.typepad.com/pondered_in_my_heart/