At the moment I am reeling from the Bill that was announced in the Queen's Speech. A long time ago a more experienced home educator told me airily that "We only need to worry if it gets mentioned in the Queen's Speech." So now I am officially allowed to worry.
What I needed was a distraction. Some thing that would take my concentration away from the potentially doomed future of compulsory registrations and inspections (although I rather love the whole "Offers pupil and parent guarantees for standards of education" bit. The BBC are worried that this will produce a load of litigious parents. So, not only will the poor old Education Welfare Officer have to deal with all us naughty home educators, he/she is also going to have to cope with angry parents suing the schools that let their offspring down.)
So, a distraction. Some thing else to keep me awake at night. I know! Let's get a dog that some one doesn't want any more! So we did. His name is Rodney and he is a little bit mental, but seems to love the children and idolises our existing dog. He is a small dog with a plastic fetish. I am still not sure it was a wise thing to do, so have agreed a two month trial, giving me the perfect get-out-of-jail-free card if it all goes horribly wrong and he turns out to be a house destroying, child eating nightmare.
1 comment:
A dog with a name like Rodney just can't go wrong. Somewhere it's a proven fact. And if he does turn out to be a house destroying child eating nightmare, well, at least that does keep your mind off Queen Speechifying.
Post a Comment