There are at least six families who have got the same letter this week. There has been talk of meeting them en masse but I don't know if the LEA would accept this.
Feeling mighty scared at the moment, and frantically sticking things into scrap books. Sometimes before the glue has dried, which means the pages stick together and end up torn.
On a lighter note, we have been busy flying birds of prey, attending archery courses and building shelters in a woodland. All this means we are equipping the children to live in the middle ages. So, if this box exists on the LEA's requirements, we can consider it well and truly ticked.
There has also been an art course, where the crazy curator allowed 15 small people to play with charcoals in the gallery, surrounded by portraits, and just asked them nicely not to touch the works of art. I left them to it, as my nerves could not hold out for the whole session.
This is OD holding a Little Owl - so sweet. Every home should have one. (A Little Owl that is, I don't think many people could cope with an OD.)
This is OD holding a Little Owl - so sweet. Every home should have one. (A Little Owl that is, I don't think many people could cope with an OD.)
5 comments:
Good God breathe woman, you're going to give yourself a stitch :D
'There has been talk of meeting them en masse but I don't know if the LEA would accept this.'
well why not ask? you don't know till you try - what's the worse that can happen - they say no!
If you meet regularly, why not make one of your sessions an 'open evening' type thing and invite the LEA to it? sounds like it could be loads of fun! families could bring stuff to it to display if they wanted - and going by the law of averages, some children will want to show and talk about stuff and some won't, so the LEA will see free choice in action too - bonus! And you can benifit from 'saftey in numbers' and all that!
It might be worth asking around a bit more - there's bound to be some families who have had more contact and/or visits who can share experiences.
If you ask me, it sounds like your LEA is running just as scared - maybe they're terrified of being inspected and flogged for not knowing you all, and having proper details of your names, numbers and toothpaste tastes or something. xx
oh, dear. We live in Michigan, where there are no rules or regulations or people to report to about homeschooling. I can imagine it must feel a little scary, to have to involve some governing body in the schooling process... what exactly is the LEA?
ps-- thanks for stopping by my blog-- so nice to meet you!
Have you decided what to do? I'd just send a letter back to say I was happy how things were going and if I had any concerns, I'd contact them!
I keep telling my DH if it gets worse I'm heading home-NJ has no regulations to HE, like Michigan.
Blimey. I'm just catching up on all at chez We Are Here and I can imagine your pending LEA meeting horror. Breathe. Then remember why your choices work. Breathe some more. In the meanwhile I have fingers and toes crossed. Just in case you need some extras.
They have no right to visit, they have no right to see work. Only allow them if it suits you, you can't be bothered with a philosophy and report. It is my belief that it won't be the ones who have proven they can stand up to them who will suffer most if any Badman nonsense gets through.
Post a Comment