Monday, 7 September 2009

the joy that 50p can bring

I went to a car boot on Sunday. I haven't been to one in a long time, as the last attempt put me off for a while. Still, Crazy Nan wanted to go and I had promised to be chauffeur, so not one to let down others, I braced myself and went.

It was rather a lot of fun. There were some scary types there, but when you are in the company of Crazy Nan, you don't have to fear. The lady smoking at her stall? Crazy Nan informs her "You'll never sell any thing puffing away on that, dear. No one wants to buy things from a smoker." Mollified, the poor woman stubbed out her cigarette.

I bought a few items for the children, a Hungry Caterpillar board game in perfect condition. A fantastic book about castles, with pop outs. A rather lovely bag for myself. Husband informed me before I left - NO TAT.

I therefore intentionally bought the following:
This is Dude. He is a large rubber dinosaur/monster puppet. He is the best friend of EB.


This is Giraffeee. He is the new obsession of MB. Giraffeee is a three foot long cuddly toy. Today he can be seen sporting a fetching wooly hat,blue knickers and baby t-shirt combo.

This is not tat. This is two lovely prints of the Rainbow Fish. These were for OD. She loves the story and loves the prints.

Shrek also got a selection of wooden blocks, but I couldn't photograph these as they are in his room, and he is sleeping.

50p each. It was the best £2.00 I have ever spent. That £2.00 bought me an afternoon of peace. I would have had to pay a childminder a whole lot more.

Guess where I am going next weekend?

5 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

love it. Particularly the prints.

mamacrow said...

what she said :D

Classroomfree said...

yep, what she said too...

Oh and thanks - I have wanted to go to a Car Boot for ages, and now I have an excuse - your fault.

Tania said...

Tat indeed! From a car boot sale?

kelly said...

Thank you for your comments.

I don't know if I can go again next week now though, as I have visitors. How inconsiderate!