Wednesday, 30 September 2009

email from the DCSF regarding EHE guidelines

I emailed the DCSF to say I couldn't find the guidelines. This is the response I got:

"Thank you for your email of 27 September regarding the location of the 2007 'Elective Home Education Guidelines for Local Authorities'. Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you have faced accessing these guidelines. This problem occurred during the migration of content from the old LA Website to the current Every Child Matters (ECM) Website, which caused this link to break. My web team rectified this as soon as we were made aware and the guideline can now be seen in the elective home education section of ECM. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this caused and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions."

But do we believe this?

2 comments:

Maire said...

We can reach it through the link they give but the situation for a new home edder is just the same as before, try googling it and following the DCSF link!

Jax Blunt said...

that's a problem with google not updating rather than them.

But can it be found through their own site search? That ought to cope. But it doesn't. Still epic fail.