We did. There was the usual tradition of untangling the lights and realising they are the ones that don't work - and of course they have been slung in the box with other bits of junk so we can repeat the nightmare next year.
The kids have argued, it wouldn't be Christmas if some one wasn't sent to the stairs. It nearly ended up in a full scale riot and I did have to be brave and dive in to the fray of flying arms and legs to stop them killing each other before a single bauble was placed upon the boughs.
We found all of their cards made over the last couple of years, and put these up, as we do each year. Shrek loved the tree and sat mesmerized in his bouncer for nearly an hour - result! We used this time to make a nativity scene.
I should have known this nativity scene was not going to be up to much as it was only 49p in the hobby shop. The instructions were vague and in the end we improvised. The overall results are reasonable, and only the virgin mary came off badly, with the kind of hot lips normally seen on Angelina Jolie.
Pictures to follow....
3 comments:
yay! another early tree-er!
our tree went up yesterday and there were several shocked comments on my blog and now apparently I apear all organised or something.
Of course, they can't see all the boxs not cleared away yet, or that the said tree is listing slightly drunkenly and has clashing tinsle on it, and of course the baby's yanked off all the baubles etc on the bottom two foot. ah well.
LOL Kelly, we need to see a pic of Mary or 'hot lips' - I am sooooo behind!
Lisa :0)
Mamacrow - if the kids had their way it would be up at the end of August
Lisa - once I locate the camera cable (OH is always stealing it.) I will do a photo posting.
Post a Comment