Wednesday, 10 December 2008

An Artist in the Family

Is it true that left handed people are more artistic? MB is proving to be very creative (normally about bed time) and he is left handed. Am I foisting this upon him because he is left handed "Damn you child, you shall be an artist!"

I don't think I have ever forced a crayon in his hand and made him draw. I have with EB but that is a whole other story.

He just loves to draw, and paint, and glue, and play-doh and any thing arty crafty. He can paint better than me and he is only four and a half. Seriously. I will attach a photo of one of his paintings, to prove I am not biased. He has a natural talent for blending colours. Great Granny tells me this, and she should know as she spends a great deal of time painting crazy psychedelic canvasses. Then again, this is also the woman who decided to live off of cream cakes for a while to see what happened* and decided to stay in bed forever when she turned 50 to see if it stopped her aging. She got bored after a while and got up and on with her life, but you get the idea of the kind of person we are dealing with here.

*In case you are wondering what happens, you feel very ill.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great granny sounds great fun!! I'd go with it, thats the joy of HE you can let their natural talents shine through and grow!

Lisa

mamacrow said...

great granny sounds awesome!