So, in an effort not to let this blog fall by the wayside - here is a round up/ ramble of what we have been up to, what we are currently doing and what we will be doing.
What we have been doing
Well, Granny and Grandad broke all the rules last week when they came to visit. They are sensible types, staying in a nearby B&B rather than with us and being tormented for three days and spending only a few hours at a time with the grandkids before going back to the B&B for a lie down and a stiff drink before coming back for more punishment. They still stayed in the B&B - they haven't taken complete leave of their senses, but they did give the kids a christmas present early, and this present was a nintendo wii. OH and I stood there dumbfounded, as it wasn't even mentioned in conversation with them, ever. They just saw it and thought the kids would like it. I am very grateful, as I haven't had to much speaking to EB as he is in console heaven, but I now have the nagging worry about what I have bought them, which is:
A personalised calender with pictures of grandchildren on each month
A backwards clock
A talking parrot
Some distinctive home made artwork. (one item gives the Hog of Doom a run for its money - we could call it "hog of doom meets its end" as it is all in blood red.)
Now, the only way I can comfort myself with the fact that they have spend hundreds of pounds and we haven't, is buy converting the currency. Ours is worth more than its monetary value because it is unique etc, etc. A weak argument I know, but the only one I have.
What we are doing now
I am trying to stop hysteria over take the house, the kids are convinced Christmas will never, ever be here, so they are beating each other up a lot. Today we are going to make them run around the park for two hours, before leaving them with Nan whilst we scoot round the supermarket, trying not to argue about what to buy and praying the park has worn the children out enough that Nan isn't going to need to use her bad heart spray.
Tonight I will be wrapping, because despite my plans of completing it last week, each night I have not been able to face doing it, so it's tonight or never. I once did it all on christmas eve and ran out of paper. Not good.
What we will be doing
Lots of eating, refereeing, merry making and ignoring of mess. It is my Christmas too and I am not doing house work. So there.
Have lovely Christmas, what ever you are doing (unless you are committing a crime in which case, I hope you get caught - but only if it is a nasty one. I forgive you if you are peeing in bushes and get caught by the police, this could happen to any one.)
3 comments:
We got a wii for Christmas too - back in September! A combined early christmas present with my birthday money. Did think about saving it to open on Christmas Day...Naaah!
If it helps, I made a Calendar one year, and they all loved it so much, I have to rustle one up every year. It'll probably be their favourite present :-)
Merry Christmas :-)
hey, the grandparent's got a double gift - make that triple - time with y'all, the joy of the kids at the Wii, and the WONDERFUL stuff you gave them - the personalised calandar sounds AMAZING and perfect grandparent fodder.
oh - and everything is wrapped - has been for ages, apart from three things I did just now - neh neh neh neh-neh!
Hope you all had a smashing day!!
Lisa x
Post a Comment