Thursday, 24 February 2011

shrek - who may now be known as LB


Is it a coming of age that I feel Shrek has out grown his Shrekness? I think so.

I was watching his yesterday playing with Mr and Mrs Horse and Lollipop the Cow from his farm set, and I realised with more than a pang of sadness, that he has firmly left babyhood behind.

There are daily revelations for this boy.

"My brudder is a sister."

This was yesterday's. He was missing Od who was away on a sleepover. I suggested he played with his two brothers, and that's when he made the connection. He said that Od was not a brother...then there was a small pause before he made his declaration.

When there is a quiet moment in the house, I tell the kids that I can hear them growing, and I can't bear it. Of course, they love to cause their mother a little bit of agony, so they stay silent with big grins on their faces...which also gives me a few moments more of bonus quiet time.

Lb is the family joker, the one who is always up and dancing as soon as the music played, the loud fog-horn voice in the supermarket bossily marshaling every one around (even people we don't know) and being generally sweet and lovely.

He does has his moments, he less-then-sweet occasions. Normally when I find him trying to smother Mb with a cushion over a toy car. Even then he issues such heart felt, sorrowful apologies that no one can stay annoyed with him for long.

So, with mixed feelings, I'll be referring to Shrek from now one as Lb (which stands for littlest boy, making me feel slightly better.)

2 comments:

liz said...

Your little man is such a sweetie. I love that last picture! Thanks for your comment on my blog, i will look out for pepe and let you know when he arrives.

Stephanie said...

Sweetbaby.